Activate supplier approval process
By default, companies can add new suppliers to their network only by sending out invitations to their business partners. By setting up a customizable supplier approval process, you can enable users from your company to suggest new suppliers to your company in a way that matches your company’s internal process requirements. The process ensures that enough data is provided before the data is exported back to the ERP solution.
As a Company Administrator, you can select when the supplier approval process is in use:
- When approving a new supplier request
- When approving suppliers in an onboarding event. If this feature is not enabled, the onboarded supplier gets the Approved status automatically.
All suppliers imported to Basware Supplier Management from your ERP solution are automatically approved.
- As a Company Administrator, click Services.
- Under Vendor Information Management, click Vendor Manager.
- Click Vendor approval process to expand the section.
- Select the I want to approve all the vendors I add to my network check box to activate the supplier approval feature.
- On the Process configuration section, click .
Under Process configuration, select the features
you want to activate:
- Manually approve changes vendors have made to their company information
- Activate this feature if you want to manually approve each change your suppliers make to their information before the information is published.
- Allow users to create vendor requests
- Activate this feature to enable users from your company to suggest new suppliers to your company by creating a supplier request.
- Skip review for vendor requests
- Activate this feature if you want to skip the review step for supplier proposals made by users from your company.
- Click Save.